Residential Service Plumber at The Eco Plumbers
Plumbing Service Technician Summary
Diagnose and repair residential plumbing systems and lead customers to informed and confident buying decisions. Focus on Service, not Selling!
Service Plumber Accountabilities
- Service system
- Educating the customer on products and services.
- Meeting and exceeding KPI requirements (knowing what KPI’s)
- Proper Workmanship, organize job site and truck inventory. (necessary tools to do the job)
- Record data
- Complete plumbing, drain cleaning and other related in-home, service calls.
- Establish customer rapport to sell the right products and services.
- Educate and assist customers in choosing the best finance options and maintenance plans.
- Show yourself as professional and knowledgeable to win new referrals and repeat business.
- Work alongside customer service and dispatch to ensure overall success of the business.
- Participate actively in all training exercises, morning meetings and retreats.
- Train and mentor apprentices to ensure quick, accurate repairs and installations.
- Be accurate and timely with invoices, time cards, curbside feedback and option sheets.
- Knowledgeable on all company policies and guarantees
Service Technician Required Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of local plumbing codes and ability to make on-the-job applications.
- Develop proven track record in soldering, pipe threading, fixture installation, gas leak testing and repair.
- Clean, safe driving record and background check.
- Highly organized with exceptional follow-through abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- High integrity with advanced social skills and ability to make solid connections.
- Strong desire to be a better technician tomorrow than you are today.
- Competitive individual contributor who also loves to win as a team.
- Ability to work outdoors in various climate conditions.
- Perform physical activity with no limitations or restrictions.
Communication & Tasks
- Mandatory Service Team Meeting Wednesday Mornings 7:15 am
TASK Completion Weekly
- Review time card for accuracy and report discrepancies, Include all sold hour information.
- Debrief with Dispatcher
- Report truck damage, broken equipment and supply shortage to warehouse.
TASK Completion Daily
- Clock in and out accurately
- Complete and return curbside forms, happy card, checks and finance paper in drop box.
- Clean and stock truck
- Submit truck stock tracking sheet to warehouse
- Complete all no-onsite estimates
- Retrieve special order parts and load packages for rescheduled work.
“Grow or Die” is a core value at eco and with that comes the opportunity and sometimes requirement to travel for training. Employees must have the ability to attend out of state training courses to meet your required certifications.
TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Service System Certified
- OSHA Safety
- Whale Done!
- 90 Day probationary period – NO absences, tardies or early dismissals unapproved
- Completion of 90 days – Benefits start (See handbook for benefits details)
- Routine One on One with Manager (rotational)
- One year to complete Service System Certification
- Yearly review (401K starts)
Hours and Compensation
- Typical workweek is eight (8) to (10) hour days, five (5) days per week, with regular weekend or evening work per rotational on call schedule.
- During peak times and seasonal extreme weather-related events, position may require long hours.
- Each Tech is responsible for their own re-calls during any working day no matter the time.
- Start time daily at 7:00 am (not prior) Lunch is 30 min and auto-docs from timecard daily.
|Job Category||Plumber, Service Technician|