If you notice that your water bill has gone up without reason, or that there are wet spots around your sinks and drains, it could be that your plumbing system has sprung a leak. Leaking pipes can cause water damage, mold, pest infestations, and other problems. They can also weaken the foundation of your home and contribute to poor indoor air quality. That is why it is important to have your plumbing system inspected on a regular basis to detect and repair any leaks.
What are some common causes of plumbing leaks?
- Clogged drains. Backed up drains can cause plumbing leaks, and may even lead to burst pipes. It is important to keep your drains free of debris, grease buildup, and other types of blockages to avoid leaks in your pipes. Our team can use plumbing augers or hydro jetting to unclog and clean your drains.
- Corroded pipes. Over time, your plumbing system can become worn down. When this happens, it may develop cracks, allowing water to leak out. It is important to provide routine maintenance for your plumbing system, and to repair and replace worn down components.
- Extreme temperatures. As the seasons change, the ground may freeze and then heat back up again. This puts a lot of pressure on your pipes. Furthermore, exposed pipes may freeze during cold weather, and they may burst if not thawed properly. This could put your home at risk for serious water damage. You should properly insulate your exposed pipes, and conduct regular inspections of your drain lines to ensure they are fully functional.
- Earth movement. Earth movement from small earthquakes is also a common cause for plumbing line damage. When the ground shifts, it may cause the pipes to crack, developing leaks. Furthermore, it may damage the pipe joints. Providing routine maintenance can allow you to detect and repair any leaks from earth movement.
- Broken seals. Over time, the seals for water-using appliances may become brittle or corroded, causing water to leak. It is important to conduct routine inspections of your entire plumbing system, including your appliances and seals, to ensure they are properly connected and functional.
The Eco Plumbers Is Here to Help – (614) 401-4777
At The Eco Plumbers, our Columbus plumbers provide timely and cost-effective solutions. By using plumbing augers or hydro jetting, we can clean and clear out your drains and remove tree roots from your system. Furthermore, if entire sections of pipe are compromised, we can provide efficient repiping services to protect your home. Our drain cleaning technicians are prompt, reliable, and passionate about what we do.
Contact our office today to schedule a service.