There are many factors to consider when purchasing a new water heater.
First, you should consider whether a tankless water heater or a traditional
tank water heater is a better fit for your home. To begin this process,
determine how much water your household uses and needs as well as the
ground water temperature in your area. If weather conditions are not extreme,
a tankless water heater may be the right fit for your household.
At The Eco Plumbers, we know that many people enjoy comparing two different
products before making a selection, so we listed the differences between
tankless water heaters and traditional tank water heaters below.
Tankless Water Heater
Traditional Tank Water Heater
- Smaller Unit: Because these units are small, they can be installed in more areas
- Less energy consumption
- Heats water on-demand whenever it is needed
- Saves money in the long-run: Energy.gov reports that water heaters can
be up to 34% more efficient than traditional tank water heaters
- Long lifespan: These tanks can last more than 20 years, which is double
the life expectancy of a tank water heater
- Larger unit: These units are larger and cannot be placed outside.
- Uses more energy
- Stores and preheats 30-50 gallons of water
- Lower initial cost: The initial cost can be half the cost of a tankless
water heater, but you will, most likely, spend more on your utility bill
- Shorter lifespan: Most often, these tank water heaters only last anywhere
between 10-15 years
Choosing Between the Two Options
It is important for you to choose a water heater that best fits your lifestyle
budget and water usage needs. While a traditional water heater may save
you more money up front, you can spend significantly less by switching
to a tankless water heater. In fact, Energy.gov reports that a tankless
water heater can save you about $100 a year. Still, the decision can be
a difficult one to make, and that is why our Columbus plumbers at The
Eco Plumber stand ready to help you make the best decision based on your needs!
To discuss your current situation, call The Eco Plumbers today! We provide
free in-home inspections and service quotes.