With winter comes the cold weather and frosty nights! While the season
may be perfect for the way it enhances the holiday vibes, it can also
cause various problems in the home, some of which relate to plumbing.
Because our team at The Eco Plumbers would like to help you protect your
home before problems arise, we have listed 6 steps you to prepare your
plumbing for the winter season.
1. Fix Leaks As Soon As Possible: It is important to fix any leaks right away, especially when temperatures
are dropping. If the water freezes around the leaks, more damage can occur
around the pipes.
2. Prep All Outdoor Faucets: Remove and drain all water hoses and store them in a safe, dry place before
temperatures drop significantly. This can ensure that water does not stay
trapped in hose bibs where water can freeze and damage pipes.
3. Ensure Your Water Heater is Working Properly: During the winter, you will find it particularly enjoyable to have warm
water at all times. For this reason, it is important to ensure your water
heater is working to full potential before the weather becomes colder.
4. Check Your Sprinkler System: The pipes of your sprinkler system are perfect places for water to collect
and freeze. To prep your system, turn off the water and drain remaining
collected water by turning on each valve.
5. Know Where Your Water Main is Located: In the event that you are faced with a
bursting pipe or any other kind of plumbing emergency, it is important to know where
your water main is located so that you can quickly shut off the water
to minimize any damages. If this occurs, it is important to contact our
Columbus plumbers at The Eco Plumbers so we can fix any and all plumbing
issues before more arise.
6. Call a Trusted Plumber: One of the best ways you can prepare your home for the significantly dropping
temperatures is by calling a trusted and highly experienced plumber to
examine your home and detect any problems or potential issues that cause
damages in your home. At The Eco Plumbers, we understand that problems
often arise during the most inconvenient times of the day, and that is
why our Columbus plumbers offer top-tier plumbing services 24 hours a
day, 7 days a week.
For help prepping your plumbing system for the winter,
contact The Eco Plumbers today!