Home Plumbing Tips
Home Plumbing Tip #1: Gas leaks are a common plumbing problem. Gas companies add a special
odor to the gas so that you can identify a leak. If you smell a distinctive
gassy odor in your home, call your local plumber immediately.
Eco Plumbers Gas Service Page here.
Home Plumbing Tip #2: What are some of the worst ways that people mess up their own plumbing?
- Leaving hoses connected during winter.
- Using too much drain cleaner.
- Pouring grease down the kitchen drain.
Home Plumbing Tip #3: Do not allow fruit/vegetable juices or cleaning acids to stand on sink
surfaces. Teas and Coffee grounds will also stain enameled surfaces if
allowed to remain very long.
Eco Tip #1: Here are some green ways to keep cool in the summer:
- Apply window films: it can reduce up to 99% of the sun's UV rays and
up to 79% of solar heat.
- Insulate your attic: 2-inch-thick insulation is considerably more effective
in reducing ceiling heat than ventilation.
- Cool off your kitchen: try some no-cook recipes to reduce stove heat.
- Install an evaporative cooler: these coolers use up to 75% less energy
than central AC units